Workshops for Spiritual Growth Opportunities
I offer several specialized workshops to help women in their spiritual growth. For years I have spoken to audiences worldwide, as I am passionate about helping women better know God and understand his love for them.
- Navigating Home – A Longing Fulfilled
I’ve presented this workshop in numerous states as well as in Europe, with outstanding responses. “Understanding Goose” begins with the true story of a goose, who after losing its mate searches for a place to call home. Goose is woven throughout the workshop…as we explore the issues of loss, grief, rejection, identity, trust, shame, intimacy, and control— and how they affect our lives. We then look at the ways Jesus can relate to each of these issues and how he can fill these areas in our lives—making us whole.
I use various forms of media throughout this workshop. It’s best done in a 3 to 4-hour morning block, which can include an interactive lunch. I have also offered it in the form of a longer, two-day retreat. Most recently, I have been offering it as a six-week online workshop over Zoom. Each venue brings a different flavor. My prayer is that each participant will be left with:
- a greater understanding of yourself, your identity, and why you do what you do and/or think the way you think.
- a deep comfort knowing someone can really understand and relate to you.
- the knowledge of how to gain the power to change through a real relationship with Jesus.
- a better understanding of shame, guilt, vulnerability, intimacy, and trust.
- confidence that you have something to offer others.
- overcoming relationship obstacles.
- confidence to find your place to belong and contribute in community.
Here are just a few of the notes I received after the workshops. …..
I did not know what to expect. I was afraid it would be depressing. The workshop exceeded all my expectations—it was powerful. Gave me hope and most of all helped me to better understand God and feel loved by him.
I came because I thought it might help me with some of the women in my life. It was eye-opening. I found myself relating to so many of the examples. It was so relatable—the personal experiences shared and the vulnerability.
2. Another workshop I offer is entitled, “Picture, Scripture, Fixture”. Jesus often taught with parables…life lessons based on familiar sights and happenings. Once we connect the things we see and experience with the Scriptures, they can more easily become fixtures in our minds and hearts. We take a mental picture, apply the Scripture, and let it become a fixture.
This workshop is designed to help us learn how to more fully and effectively apply the Bible to their daily and real lives. The workshop’s main lesson is accompanied by interactive activities and discussion groups to help each person make this connection, and thus grow closer to God and others.
3. The third workshop is entitled “Spiritual Integrity: The Inside of the Cup.” In this six-week Zoom workshop on spiritual formation, I speak on personal holiness and spiritual integrity, experiencing the presence of God, spiritual disciplines, emotionally healthy thinking, forgiveness, finding and using your God-given talents, and self-awareness. I also offer this as a one or two day workshop, with the focus on growing in spiritual transformation.
4. The fourth Workshop, Spiritual Leadership, would not only be ideal for family group leaders or ministry leaders, but also for any woman wishing to grow in her effectiveness and influence. The workshop includes a study of three women from the Bible who exemplify particular qualities of spiritual leadership. Group sharing exercises will encourage women to better understand the gifts God has given them, as well as qualities they wish to grow stronger in. Follow up lessons and questions are provided in my book with the same title, Spiritual Leadership for Women. In this book, 24 women of the Bible are explored, along with accompanying heart-searching questions. These would be great to do for any leaders’ groups, as well as women’s outreach and Bible study groups in the home or workplace.
5. A new workshop I am offering is on “The Sacred Gift.” This is a workshop on caregiving and focuses on ways as a caregiver to not only meet the needs of the one you are caring for, but finding God, refreshment, and growth in the process. I have a book coming on this topic in the fall of 2020.
6. Another new workshop is about the teachings of Paul on women. This stems from a book soon to be published entitled “The View from Paul’s Window: Paul’s Teachings on Women.” This comes on the heels of many years of study on this subject.
There is one more bonus workshop….one that was born out of necessity—a children’s workshop. While planning for a conference involving several thousand people, we had minimal venues for children during a Sunday morning session. Figuring we would need to do something that could teach the children, while entertaining them all in one big room….I donned several teens and college students with foam heads to become Loving Lemon, Smiley Strawberry, Peaceful Pineapple, Patient Peach and…. Rotten Apple. A grandmotherly figure — adorned with fruity attire is affectionately named Fruity Tunes. She (and her foam-headed friend) Tippety Teapot, help the singing and dancing fruits keep the Rotten Apple from stealing their love, peace, joy and patience by pouring Bible verses and songs on Rotten Apple. Despite his devious antics and mean songs….the fruit troupe eventually “overcomes evil with good” as Rotten Apple’s core is reached…and he becomes Sweet Apple. The children enjoyed this so much I decided to make this into a book as well—thus….Fruity Tunes and the Adventures of Rotten Apple.
I don’t charge anything for any of the workshops. I have a job. I’m just passionate about the need for these lessons to reach the hearts of as many as possible. These workshops also provide a great opportunity for neighbors and friends to understand the “rest for the soul” that Jesus offers.
Contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in bringing any of these workshops to your city.